Wine, Music, Movies and More!
Two fantastic events are approaching for Sonoma Wine Country. The 22nd annual Savor Sonoma Valley and the 15th annual Sonoma International Film Festival!
Every Spring, the Heart of Sonoma Valley Winery Association (HOSVA) hosts their Savor Sonoma event. Featuring 21 wineries throughout the Sonoma Valley, guests will experience 2011 wines straight from the barrels, sampling new releases, and even tasting wine paired with culinary creations by local chefs and restaurants.
All weekend long event participants meet winemakers, mingle with other wine lovers, peruse local art and listen to live music.
Saturday March 17 and Sunday March 18 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., the Savor Sonoma event is first class. A weekend pass is just $65 and provides you access to all the wineries! Visit the event website for more pricing options, special deals and more—including a group Wine Country Trolley option!
Savor Sonoma event posters are also on sale for $20. Look out for a contest where we'll be giving away two tickets to the event!
See more details here: Savor Sonoma
SONOMA INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL
The 15th annual Sonoma International Film Festival set amidst the beauty of Sonoma Valley Wine Country, welcomes filmmakers, film enthusiasts and wine country visitors from all over the world. The lavish five-day event April 11-15 pairs great food, wine, and more than 90 independent films at 8 venues in the Sonoma Valley.
The event features film screenings, industry panels, VIP tents and events, and a special event with prolific filmmaker John Waters. Waters fans will descend on Sonoma to attend his divinely delicious show on Saturday, April 14. A sumptuous Festival Supper Club will set the stage for Waters’ presentation of This Filthy World, his famed one-man show tracing the origins of the trash genre.
A variety of ticket levels offer festival goers the opportunity to attend the show only; dinner, show and a festive after party with filmmakers, or the after party only. The cocktail party begins at 5:30 pm with dinner seating beginning at 6:15 and the show starting at 8:15. The destined to be decadent after party, 9:00 pm until midnight, will feature hors d'oeuvres, wine, and cocktails, two rocking bands and of course, dancing.
For more great news about this event, event happenings, confirmed film entries and to purchase your tickets, visit www.sonomafilmfest.org.
SomethingAboutSonoma.com Introduces Special Somethings
Sonoma County is meant for exploring. But where do you start? We've got the answer! SomethingAboutSonoma.com presents Special Somethings, a customized Map and Itineraries brochure. Developed as a fun way to discover Sonoma County with different groups of people, discover Sonoma County through the printed brochure, or through our matching web pages here.
If you are here with your family, by yourself, with friends or a significant other… fill out a short and fun quiz and see what we recommend for YOU! You might be the anti-wino, the history buff, the white grape enthusiast, the family, the adventure seeker, the foodie, the plaza connoisseur or even the pampered, but we’ve developed a suggested itinerary for you. If you are planning a day trip in Sonoma, a weekend trip in Sonoma County or any other vacation, use our itineraries for top suggestions by your SomethingAboutSonoma.com team!
This is a great way to find out how to explore Sonoma County and where to start. See all 10 of our customized groups by visiting our Itineraries Page. Have fun exploring!
Highway 1- A must-do drive in
By: David Wells, SomethingAboutSonoma.com Staff Writer
Highway 1 runs up the coast of California, winding and turning its way past beaches, small towns, great resorts and more. Sonoma County has 72 miles of coastline with the Pacific Ocean inviting viewers to swim, surf and enjoy its beauty.
The drive is unlike any other, offering fantastic views, rocky cliffs, restaurants, wildlife, resorts, small towns, and miles upon miles of a great time. Making your way along Highway 1 should be added to any ‘to-do’ list for Sonoma County visitors and locals!
Starting in Bodega Bay you’ll find a classic oceanfront, California town. There are restaurants, shops, surf shacks, hotels, spas, and more. From Patrick’s Salt Water Taffy, the Inn at the Tides, Fisherman’s Wharf, Gourmet au Bay and more, this is a great place to start your Highway 1 adventure. Before you head out, stop by the Bodega Bay Surf Shack to rent surf boards, kayaks, bikes and more, or even sign up for a lesson so you can hang ten on a long board riding the waves. Enjoy a glass of wine at the deck of Gourmet au Bay with fantastic views and delicious wine flights.
Read the rest of the article here.
The Dry Creek Valley in Northern Sonoma County is stunning. With hotspots such as Sbragia Winery, Lake Sonoma, the Dry Creek General Store and Ferrari Carano, the huge sellout event Passport to Dry Creek Valley is April 28 and 29. The Dry Creek area attracts visitors to Sonoma County from all over the world.
See more here.
- SomethingAboutSonoma.com will have a booth at the Sonoma Valley Chamber of Commerce Business Expo on March 15. Come see us for your chance for a prize!
- We’re approaching our ONE YEAR anniversary of launching. We’re thinking up something special for our viewers! Stay tuned for details.
- SomethingAboutSonoma.com is partnering with the Sonoma International Film Festival to cover the event live. Through our social media platforms and website we will bring you up-to-date information on the festival happenings! Follow @SomethingSONOMA for our #siff12 updates.
- Lady Gaga was all the buzz in Sonoma at the end of February- bringing good attention to some of our local businesses including Catelli’s Restaurant in Geyserville and the girl & the fig and Sonoma’s Best in Sonoma.
- St. Francis Movie Series will run Thursday’s July 12 through August 16 and will be shown on the lawn at 7:00 p.m. See details here.
- Fort Ross is celebrating its 200th year as the first establishment in Sonoma County. Read more about Fort Ross.
- Heart of Sonoma Valley Wine Trail Passes are available for purchase, giving you access to 17 participating wineries. Enjoy a complimentary tasting and 10% off selected wines. Visit the website here.
- We’re now on the photo sharing app Instagram for Smart Phones. Follow us by searching the name somethingaboutsonoma or look at our photos here.
- We’re on Pinterest! Check out our boards.
- SomethingAboutSonoma.com features a Photo of the Day on our blog. Check out some sights from around the county.
- Stay tuned for more information about the opening of the Glen Ellen Star! This is a rustic new restaurant by Ari and Erinn Benziger Wassweiser in the heart of the Valley of the Moon.